Mallorca Tech Newsletter – Issue #079
Mallorca Tech Newsletter is a weekly digest with news, events and job opportunities to help you stay up to date with the tech and startup ecosystem of Mallorca. Subscribe now and get it in your email. Curated by David Bustos.
Newsletter published with the support of:
At Nidus WorkSpace we have the space you need. Come and meet us!
We have different rooms, in the center of Palma, adapted to your needs. Trainings, lectures, conferences, networkings, product presentations, interviews, castings … Contact us for more information and to know our rates.
- The biotechnology startup VEnvirotech, which produces biodegradable bioplastic from organic waste, has closed an investment round of more than 2 million euros, which will allow them to set up a production plant of 3,100 square meters in Barcelona.
- The company Hotelbreak is now part of the Emprembit Program, joining other startups such as Hustle Got Real, Hotelinking or Mansion Games. The startup that focuses in the commercialization of day passes to enjoy the hotels services without being a guest, has also announced that it has also been selected as ALPHA startup to participate in the Lisbon Web Summit.
- Olive Valley have interviewed Walter Colitti, founder and CEO of Modosmart, a company dedicated to the development of IoT devices.
- The company Travel Compositor announces that more than 200,000 trips have been sold through its software, operated by more than 6,000 travel agencies in 40 countries. They also claim that their multi-destination engine increases the number of contracted services by 85% and extends the stay by 94% compared to flight and hotel reservations.
- The Mallorcan ecommerce giant Perfume’s Club turns 10. Since 2009, it has experienced revenue growth of more than 1,200%, and currently handles 25,000 references. On the 2016 Día Sin IVA, they sold a product every 2 seconds
- Sandra Barneda intwerviewed Sarah Harmon on her YouTube channel, the CEO of Habitissimo talked about the success and how to achieve our personal goals.
- 08/10 – What is Inbound Marketing? Free initiation to digital marketing workshop in the Chamber of Commerce.
- 10/10 – Digital Innovation Hubs Day with the aim of sharing their services and their role in the current strategies of Artificial Intelligence, Industry 4.0, Robotics within the European Union.
- 24/10 – Yaiza Canosa, founder and CEO of GOI, will participate in the Tramuntana Tech Talks. She will talk about her experience (has founded several startups despite being under 30) in the world of technological companies. GOI is a logistics startup that has already managed more than 50,000 shipments for companies such as El Corte Inglés, IKEA or Worten and whose revenue last year exceeded 7 figures.
- 29/10 – Blockchain on AWS. Palma Amazon Web Services group meetup in which there will be talks on «Technical considerations for blockchain networks using AWS» and «Blockchain technology to implement a distributed reservation platform»
- 31/10 – Álvaro Ramis, UX Specialist at Amazon, will give a talk at the Tramuntana Tech Talks about how design decisions impact the business side of a company. Previously Álvaro has led design teams in the digital area of BBVA and Ticketbis, acquired by eBay.
- 27/11 – Management 3.0 workshop to learn about team and people leadership. Led by Josep Riudavets (former Roiback’s CTO) and Pablo Domingo (ex-King and eDreams).
Job Opportunities 🛠
- PHP Developer – Habitissimo (30-40K€)
- Enterprise Operations Associate Jr. – Fuckup Nights
- Marketing & Design Lead – Grupo Marcapital
- Customer Support Specialist – Don Dominio
- PHP Backend Developer – Soluciones Corporativas IP
- Digital Marketing Assistant – Sandos Hotels & Resorts
- Software Engineer – TravelgateX
- SEO Expert – IKAUE
- Mobile Marketing Manager – Playspace
- Senior Network Engineer – OmniAccess
- Software Developer – JOOPbox
- Speech Recognition Analyst – Barceló
Cool Links ⛓️🌍
- Ludoformativas en FDSA Programación (fdsa.es)
- ¿Sabe tu hotel cómo hacer email marketing sin aburrir? (hotelinking.com)
Get Promo! 🗣
Does your company have a job opportunity? Are you organising an event? Are you interested in sharing a news story or a post from your blog? Would you like to sponsor an issue of this newsletter? Write us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Subscribe to this newsletter
🙏 If you enjoyed it, send it to one person that you think might like it as well! 🙏
Photo by Priscilla Du Preez