Mallorca Tech Newsletter – Issue #074
Mallorca Tech Newsletter is a weekly digest with news, events and job opportunities to help you stay up to date with the tech and startup ecosystem of Mallorca. Subscribe now and get it in your email. Curated by David Bustos.
Newsletter published with the support of:
- Article in El Confidencial on Workpinion, the Mallorcan platform of employers reputation.
- Hosteltur has published an article about Hotelbreak, a Mallorcan startup that offers the possibility of enjoying the facilities of a hotel without staying in it.
- Hotelinking profile in El Referente, the marketing and loyalty platform for the hotel sector.
- Swimmy, the platform that allows you to rent private pools for hours, is now available in Mallorca.
- Brief article in Expansión talking about Yuccs, the company behind the shoes that are made with a new material and that went through Lanzadera’s acceleration program.
- Food-tech startup Meyo (ex-Alimentómica) has been admitted to Plug & Play’s acceleration program in Silicon Valley.
- Iberostar success story in Google’s Optimize Resource Hub. The hotel company achieved a 17% conversion rate increase and a 51% bounce rate drop in mobile devices.
- There are rumours about Eric Schmidt (former Google CEO) and James Costos (former US ambassador in Spain) starting a tech company in Mallorca.
- National Geographic has published an infograph titled Tweets of Many Tongues, based on a study where IFISC participated.
- 05/09 – Technical excellence improves agility, do we pay enough attention to it? Meeting in which one of the agile principles will be discussed: «Continuous attention to technical excellence and good design enhances agility».
- 10/09 – The Power of JAMstack with Nuxt and Static Sites will be the topic of MallorcaJS’s meetup where Debbie O’Brien from Patterson Agency will speak.
- 13/09 – What are Big Data and Machine Learning? + How to Use AI in security? will be the talks that will take place in the Advanced Analytics and Machine Learning Mallorca event.
- 14/09 – PyDay Mallorca 2019. A day with talks and workshops about Python from different perspectives. By the way, they are looking for speakers to complete the agenda.
- 18/09 – Cost Management, Data Lakes and Data Intakes in AWS in the AWS Palma group meetup, which will feature the participation of Javier Ramírez, Senior Technical Evangelist at Amazon Web Services and Roberto Silva, Technology Architect at Hotelbeds Group.
- 23/09 – Introduction to programming course. Free, 45 hours long and led by Francisco Grau (Team Lead Architect en Best Doctors Technologies).
- 21/10 – Advanced web design course. Free, 50 hours.
At Nidus WorkSpace we have the space you need. Come and meet us!
We have different rooms, in the center of Palma, adapted to your needs. Trainings, lectures, conferences, networkings, product presentations, interviews, castings … Contact us for more information and to know our rates.
- Full Service CRO at Syntax for Science
- Digital Marketing Executive France at Logitravel
Interesting Links ⛓️🌍
- Cómo conseguimos más de un 1.000% de nuestro objetivo en Kickstarter con Summer in Mara (anaitgames.com)
Get Promo! 📢
Does your company have a job opportunity? Are you organising an event? Are you interested in sharing a news story or a post from your blog? Would you like to sponsor an issue of this newsletter? Write us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Subscribe to this newsletter
🙏 If you enjoyed it, send it to one person that you think might like it as well! 🙏
Photo: Brooke Cagle