Mallorca Tech Newsletter – Issue #073
Mallorca Tech Newsletter is a weekly digest with news, events and job opportunities to help you stay up to date with the tech and startup ecosystem of Mallorca. Subscribe now and get it in your email. Curated by David Bustos.
Newsletter published with the support of:
Habitissimo is looking for App Developers!
We are looking for two people to integrate in our technology team. We are adapting our methodology towards a multiplatform environment, using always native technologies, with code in Swift and Kotlin. For this, we need a person with experience in Android app development and another in iOS app development. What do we offer? Indefinite contract, 1.000 euros per year to invest in training, discount on medical insurance and a salary between 30.000 and 40.000 euros.
- Álvaro Medina has been appointed new Fundació Bit manager, the public company that runs Parc Bit. Álvaro is a computer engineer and until now he worked as a technical director of mobile applications at the company APSL.
- The Port of Palma will be one of the 14 headquarters of the ‘Ports Fund 4.0’. The fund will be dedicated to financing projects related to logistics efficiency, processes digitalization, environmental sustainability and energy; and security. Its initial endowment will be of 25 million euros. Funding on each selected company will range from 15.000€ for ideas or start-ups in the initial phase to 2M€ for scale-ups. The initiative will officially start on October 3rd.
- PalmaActiva is looking for companies to participate in its web and applications development dual program. Companies participating in the program may incorporate personnel and obtain a 100% subsidy of the costs.
- Travel Compositor has developed a special version of its multi-destination platform for Star Alliance that offers in exclusive the content of the 28 airlines that are part of the alliance.
- The world’s most modern cryptocurrency ATM has been operating in a Playa de Palma restaurant for a month. According to the promoters of the initiative that between 8 and 20 daily transactions take place, 80% of them being the sale of cryptocurrencies to get euros. The second phase of the project plans to incorporate the use of dataphones.
- Article about the company FastPayHotels, which business model is based on paying hotels almost at the same time that the reservation is made. It is especially focused on the sale of non-refundable rates
- The meteorological prediction company Meteoclim reveals some of the projects it is currently working on, such as the meteorological observation based on the behaviour of telecommunications networks.
- The online travel agency specialising in the luxury segment, Essentialist, appears in this article about the best solutions to book personalised trips.
- Small piece in the IB3 tv news about the launch of pepecos.es, the metasearch website of animals for adoption.
- CAEB and Banco Santander announce the Business Innovation Awards for SMEs. It is possible to send applications until October 31st.
- The UIB is among the 500 best universities in the world, according to the Shanghai ranking, the influential ARWU classification rewards scientific work of the universities.
- 29/08 – Menorca HotelTech Summit 2019. Technological trends to make your hotel profitable. Getwhin, TravelgateX and EISI SOFT will participate in the event.
- 05/09 – Technical excellence improves agility, do we pay enough attention to it? Meeting in which one of the agile principles will be discussed: «Continuous attention to technical excellence and good design enhances agility».
- 14/09 – PyDay Mallorca 2019. A day with talks and workshops about Python from different perspectives. By the way, they are looking for speakers to complete the agenda.
- 23/09 – Introduction to programming course. Free, 45 hours long and led by Francisco Grau (Team Lead Architect en Best Doctors Technologies).
- 21/10 – Advanced web design course. Free, 50 hours.
- 26/10 – User Experience Bootcamp organized by Carlos Pons, Product Designer at Oracle. It will take place on Saturdays and Sundays in the morning at Nidus space.
At Nidus WorkSpace we have the space you need. Come and meet us!
We have different rooms, in the center of Palma, adapted to your needs. Trainings, lectures, conferences, networkings, product presentations, interviews, castings … Contact us for more information and to know our rates.
- Software developer at Gil Estarellas-Txerpa (30-40K)
- Mobile Marketing Manager – GB Market at Playspace (18-24K)
- Affiliate Marketing Manager at PerfumesClub (21-24K)
- Account Executive en Booking.com
- Regional E-Commerce Manager at Meliá Hotels International
- Digital Project Manager at Bahia Principe Hotels & Resorts
- Python Developer at Bluekiri
- Conversion Rate Optimisation Specialist (CRO) at MoreNiche
- IT Application Support Agent at Sunhotels
- Lead Developer at TravelgateX
- Community Manager – Social Media Manager at Refinería Web
- Digital Growth Manager at Musement (TUI)
- PHP Developer at MoreNiche
- Senior DevOps Engineer at WebBeds
Interesting Links ⛓️🌍
- Las 5 campañas de email marketing imprescindibles para tu hotel(hotelinking.com)
- 5 Funny Things Developers Can Do That Nobody Else Can (travelgatex.com)
- Beneficios del humor en el trabajo (trabajarlafelicidad.com)
- 10 years of the Jobandtalent platform (jobandtalent.engineering)
- How to Make a Phone Farm (vice.com)
- Less than Half of Google Searches Now Result in a Click (sparktoro.com)
Get Promo! 📢
Does your company have a job opportunity? Are you organising an event? Are you interested in sharing a news story or a post from your blog? Would you like to sponsor an issue of this newsletter? Write us at email@example.com
Subscribe to this newsletter
🙏 If you enjoyed it, send it to one person that you think might like it as well! 🙏
Photo: Brooke Cagle