Mallorca Tech Newsletter is a weekly digest with news, events and job opportunities to help you stay up to date with the tech and startup ecosystem of Mallorca. Subscribe now and get it in your email.
Newsletter published with the support of:
Habitissimo is looking for a PHP Team Lead
We are looking for a lead developer with a passion for web development and people management who wants to lead one of the development teams of our web platform. Your main functions will be to lead, coordinate and supervise your team and develop new functionalities for the Habitissimo core platform (PHP and symfony). We offer salary between 30.000 and 40.000€/gross per year, permanent contract and additional 1.000€ for training. Check all the details here.
Mallorca Tech News 📰
- Balearic Islands, pioneer community after approving a project to implement a telematic network for monitoring large consumers in all the islands. The development of the project will cost 1.5 million euros that will come from the Sustainable Tourism Tax.
- The British venture capital firm Magenta Partners, has invested in the Mallorcan FastPayHotels. After the operation, Tom Matthews, co-founder partner of Magenta, will join the company’s management team. The amount invested was not disclosed but Magenta takes part in operations between 5 and 20 million euros.
- A group of young entrepreneurs with experience in companies such as Trivago, 21buttons or Stayforlong have launched pepecos.es, the first metasearch engine of animals for adoption. It currently has 15,000 registered animals, the largest in Spain
- After several years of development, it seems that the Smach Z portable console is ready to go on the market. Financed with more than 1 million euros through crowdfunding campaigns, it was presented at the last edition of the E3 fair. This is the first portable device compatible with the Steam platform
- Interview with Tomeu Bennasar, CEO of Logitravel, where he talks about innovation and the future of the tourism industry.
- Roiback has developed Europe’s first accessible booking engine. The platform improves the user experience for people with physical, visual or hearing disabilities. It was recently awarded as the best solution for hotels in Europe at the World Travel Awards 2019.
- Interview with Miguel Pieras, founder of Hustle Got Real, in IB3’s show Cinc Dies.
- The app to avoid anchoring on posidonea expands its cartography and the whole island of Formentera and partially Ibiza and Menorca are now available. It is expected to add Mallorca soon.
- Interview with Nico Castellanos, operations director of the cybersecurity company Andubay and organizer of the No cON Name (NcN), Spain’s first congress in Hacking and Cybersecurity.
Tech Events in Mallorca 👋
- 24/07 – How to analyze the basic data from social networks and analytics. Workshop in the Chamber of Commerce with Teresa Berga, founder of Comunis, digital communication agency.
- 26/10 – User Experience Bootcamp organized by Carlos Pons, Product Designer at Oracle. It will take place on Saturdays and Sundays in the morning at Nidus space.
At Nidus WorkSpace we have the space you need. Come and meet us!
We have different rooms, in the center of Palma, adapted to your needs. Trainings, lectures, conferences, networkings, product presentations, interviews, castings … Contact us for more information and to know our rates.
Tech Jobs Opportunities
- Senior .NET Developer at Logitravel (30K)
- Data Science Manager at FastPayHotels
- Senior Java Developer at On Consulting
- Data Warehouse Manager at Grupo Piñero
- Service Delivery Network Engineer at OmniAcces
- B2B E-commerce Performance Marketing Manager at Hotelbeds
Interesting Links ⛓️🌍
- Game of Tongues: How Duolingo Built A $700 Million Business With Its Addictive Language-Learning App
- The Toxic Potential of Youtube’s Feedback Loop
- The Rise of Netflix Competitors Has Pushed Consumers Back Toward Piracy
Get Promo! 📢
Would you like to share any news about your company, promote an event you’re organising or share a job opportunity? Send an email to email@example.com and we’ll be happy to include it in the next edition.