Mallorca Tech Newsletter – Issue #081
Mallorca Tech Newsletter is a weekly digest with news, events and job opportunities to help you stay up to date with the tech and startup ecosystem of Mallorca. Subscribe now and get it in your email. Curated by David Bustos.
Newsletter published with the support of:
At Nidus WorkSpace we have the space you need. Come and meet us!
We have different rooms, in the center of Palma, adapted to your needs. Trainings, lectures, conferences, networkings, product presentations, interviews, castings … Contact us for more information and to know our rates.
- Caixabank has published an analysis of the latest edition of its Premio Emprendedor XXI award. According to the figures, in 2018, 961 startups applied to the different categories, which gives more credit to the Mallorcan Hotelinking and Hustle Got Real, both ended in the national top 3 of their respective categories (travel tech and commerce tech).
- The video game Shipped, developed by the indie studio Majorariatto, is now available on Nintendo Switch. And, as the company shared in their blog, they are not very happy with some of the changes that the adaptation from the PC version has suffered.
- El País has published a report on the streaming platform startup Filmin, which is experiencing its best moments.
- The new version of the app mobiAPParc now allows, in addition to paying for parking in the ORA zone from the mobile, various improvements, such as paying fines and locating streets.
- The Institute of Business Innovation of the Balearic Islands (IDI) has developed an application to locate traditional bread ovens, with more than 300 bakeries included on its database.
- The hotel company Iberostar has partnered with Amazon to allow its customers to receive their orders at the hotel during the holidays.
- Debbie O’Brien of Agency Patterson participated in the JAMstack Conference in San Francisco with a talk about API calls that is now available on YouTube.
- Última Hora interviewed Álvaro Medina, new Fundació Bit manager, where he talks about his vision and plans for Parc Bit during this term; with a lot of focus on mobility and parking space.
👋 Mallorca Big Data & Tech Events
- 24/10 – Yaiza Canosa, founder and CEO of GOI, will participate in the Tramuntana Tech Talks. She will talk about her experience (has founded several startups despite being under 30) in the world of technological companies. GOI is a logistics startup that has already managed more than 50,000 shipments for companies such as El Corte Inglés, IKEA or Worten and whose revenue last year exceeded 7 figures.
- 24/10 – H4CK TH3 iSL4ND, a hackathon organized by trivago where teams formed by business and tech people will work on projects related to sustainability.
- 29/10 – Introduction to SEO Course, by Amplifica at IFOC Calvià.
- 29/10 – Blockchain on AWS. Palma Amazon Web Services group meetup in which there will be talks on “Technical considerations for blockchain networks using AWS” and “Blockchain technology to implement a distributed reservation platform”
- 31/10 – Álvaro Ramis, UX Specialist at Amazon, will give a talk at the Tramuntana Tech Talks about how design decisions impact the business side of a company. Previously Álvaro has led design teams in the digital area of BBVA and Ticketbis, acquired by eBay.
- 08/11 – What could a hotel predict with Big Data/IA? Meetup in which two talks on neural networks and the type of predictions that can be applied in the hotel sector will take place.
🛠 Job Opportunities
- Digital Operations Manager – LOTTUSSE (18K)
- Digital Marketing Social Media Manager – Zítrica
- Technology Engineer-Monitoring – Hotelbeds
- Frontend Developer – Soluciones Corporativas IP
- Customer Support – DonDominio
- Product Owner – Roiback
- QA Tester – Playspace
- Software Quality Assurance Engineer – OmniAccess
🔗 Cool Links
- How to prepare a technical interview (and why good programmers also fail) – Rafa Páez, from Cabify
- All others must bring data… – habitissimo
- Nuevas sanciones en cuanto al (mal) uso de cookies – Economíademallorca
🗣 Get Promo!
Does your company have a job offer available? Are you organizing an event? Do you want to share some news or a post on your blog? Would you like to sponsor a number of this newsletter?
Reach out to us at email@example.com and connect with a community of 700 people interested in the worlds of technology and digital businesses.
Subscribe to this newsletter
🙏 If you enjoyed it, send it to one person that you think might like it as well! 🙏
Photo by Photo by You X Ventures