Mallorca Tech Newsletter – Issue #078
Mallorca Tech Newsletter is a weekly digest with news, events and job opportunities to help you stay up to date with the tech and startup ecosystem of Mallorca. Subscribe now and get it in your email. Curated by David Bustos.
Newsletter published with the support of:
We’re Looking for an iOS App Developer!
At habitissimo we are looking for a person to join the app team. We are adapting our way of working towards a multiplatform environment, always using native technologies, with code in Swift and Kotlin. For this, we need a person with iOS app development experience. What do we offer? Indefinite contract, additional 1000€ to invest in training, medical insurance discount and a salary between 30 and 40K gross euros per year. Check all the details here.
- The blog Pymes y Autónomos wrote a post about Workpinion, the work reputation platform where employees share their views about the companies where they work.
- Sarah Harmon, former Linkedin Country Manager for Spain and Portugal, already serves as the new CEO of Habitissimo, the Mallorcan marketplace of the home renovations and repairs sector.
- Ovidio Andrés, founder of Logitravel, is working in a machine learning and AI project focused on improving the consumer experience in the travel sector. At the moment there are not many details available except the little shared in the Github page where they have published several job offers.
- Interview with the founder of the company Robot on the YouTube channel of Estrategias de Inversión in which they talk about the evolution of the company in the Spanish Alternative Stock Market (MAB).
- Dr TIC have interviewed Patrica Bárcena in their blog, she’s a specialist in Social Media, Influencer Marketing and Tech Trends with more than 10 years of experience in the sector and founder of the Sozialmas Agency
- The app to track the results of football matches from different leagues Live Scores Soccer Center has exceeded 500,000 downloads on Google Play.
- 02/10 – «From local to electronic commerce, the experience of Hustle Got Real», CaféTIC organized by GsBIT with Miguel Pieras, founder of Hustle Got Real.
- 03/10 – Compartirix Experiències at Center Bit Menorca with Marta Bonet, founder of Rebuzzna, communication and social media expert.
- 04/10 – How to face the different phases of a Data Science project?Meetup where Otto F. Wagner (Data Science Coach of Strategy Big Data in Madrid) will share what a data science project is and what parts it has.
- 10/10 – Digital Innovation Hubs Day with the aim of sharing their services and their role in the current strategies of Artificial Intelligence, Industry 4.0, Robotics within the European Union.
- 29/10 – Blockchain on AWS. Palma Amazon Web Services group meetup in which there will be talks on «Technical considerations for blockchain networks using AWS» and «Blockchain technology to implement a distributed reservation platform».
At Nidus WorkSpace we have the space you need. Come and meet us!
We have different rooms, in the center of Palma, adapted to your needs. Trainings, lectures, conferences, networkings, product presentations, interviews, castings … Contact us for more information and to know our rates.
Job Opportunities 🛠
- Responsable marketing – Gil Estarellas (24-30K)
- Chief of Staff – Habitissimo
- Content Specialist – Bluebnc
- Digital Junior Marketing and Communication – TravelgateX
- Data Engineer – TUI Destination Experiences
- Software Engineers – WebBeds Europe
- DevOps – Sling Technology
- Java AWS Architec – Brújula, a CMC company
- Data Analyst – Hotelbeds
- Node.js Developer – Glyphstock
Interesting Links ⛓️🌍
- Trabajar en remoto: una misión muy posible (apsl.net)
- Comunidades de conocimiento (labs.habitissimo.com)
- React Native EU 2019 (apsl.net)
- Why I am so excited for JAMstack San Francisco (Debbie O’Brien en medium.com)
Get Promo! 🗣
Does your company have a job opportunity? Are you organising an event? Are you interested in sharing a news story or a post from your blog? Would you like to sponsor an issue of this newsletter? Write us at email@example.com
Subscribe to this newsletter
🙏 If you enjoyed it, send it to one person that you think might like it as well! 🙏
Photo by Fernando Hernandez