Mallorca Tech Newsletter – Issue #075
Mallorca Tech Newsletter is a weekly digest with news, events and job opportunities to help you stay up to date with the tech and startup ecosystem of Mallorca. Subscribe now and get it in your email. Curated by David Bustos.
Newsletter published with the support of:
We are looking for a PHP developer to join our technology team. What will you do?Program new functionalities, design the API, perform new development and write unit tests, in addition to having a drink with the team. What do we offer? Indefinite contract, 1000€ additional to invest in training, discount on medical insurance and a salary between 30 and 40K gross per year. Check all the details here.
- Lanzadera has announced the companies selected for the new edition of its programs, among which are two Mallorcan companies. Essentialist, a custom luxury travel agency with AI, will participate in the Acceleration program; while Mansion Games, a video game studio with a transmedia model, will participate in the PlayStation Corporate program.
- The Balearic Government opens file to Trivago for rewarding the hotels that pay the most. The penalty could reach 660,000 euros.
- Article about Hotelbreak’s expansion to other Spanish cities, after 4 months running in Mallorca, the company works with 36 hotels on its platform and have sold more than 3,000 experiences with an average ticket of more than 100 euros.
- The Swedish sustainable manufacturing company BillerudKorsnäs has announced an investment (although the figures have not been made public) in the company recycl3R.
- Report in the IB3 news about Menorca Hotel Tech Summit 2019, an event where the companies Whin and TravelgateX participated.
- Interview with Bernat Bonnín, Robot CEO, where he talks about the partnership with KPMG and about the future of automation.
- 13/09 – What are Big Data and Machine Learning? + How to Use AI in security? will be the talks that will take place in the Advanced Analytics and Machine Learning Mallorca event.
- 14/09 – PyDay Mallorca 2019. A day with talks and workshops about Python from different perspectives. Speakers will include Oscar Hernán (Researcher and Data Scientist at DLR-MI), Andreu Vallbona, Toni Aloy and Arnau Villoslada (APSL), Pedro José Piquero (U Energia) and Daniel Alonso (habitissimo).
- 18/09 – Cost Management, Data Lakes and Data Intakes in AWS in the AWS Palma group meetup, which will feature the participation of Javier Ramírez, Senior Technical Evangelist at Amazon Web Services and Roberto Silva, Technology Architect at Hotelbeds Group.
- 09/19 – Fuckup Nights Mallorca, an event where people share their professional failures. Business stories that closed or went bankrupt, alliances that didn’t work or products that nobody remembers.
- 23/09 – Introduction to programming course. Free, 45 hours long and led by Francisco Grau (Team Lead Architect en Best Doctors Technologies).
- 24-25/09 – De:central Days. Event to connect investors with companies and startups where talks and debates will take place around the future of mobility, blockchain, internet of things and other technologies.
- 21/10 – Advanced web design course. Free, 50 hours.
At Nidus WorkSpace we have the space you need. Come and meet us!
We have different rooms, in the center of Palma, adapted to your needs. Trainings, lectures, conferences, networkings, product presentations, interviews, castings … Contact us for more information and to know our rates.
- Social Media Manager at We Are Yellow
- Unity Game Developer at Playspace
- Programador/a Unity at Xaloc Studios
- SysOps Engineer at Bluekiri
- Fullstack Senior Java at TravelCompositor
- Desktop UX Manager at Iberostar
- IT Frontend Project Manager at Camper
- Revenue Management Analyst at Air Europa
- Ecommerce Marketing Manager at LOTTUSSE 1877
- Digital Growth Manager at Musement
- Online Marketing Specialist at Bluebnc
Interesting Links ⛓️🌍
- Soy de donde vienen los nómadas (Alejo Ecube CEO de FDSA en linkedin.com)
- Ciberseguros, los salvavidas de la navegación moderna (terminosycondiciones.es)
- ¿Qué es el social CRM? (hotelinking.com)
- Everything I googled in a week as a professional software engineer (localghost.dev)
- What happens when you launch Google Chrome for the first time on a Windows 10 machine? (twitter.com)
Get Promo! 📢
Does your company have a job opportunity? Are you organising an event? Are you interested in sharing a news story or a post from your blog? Would you like to sponsor an issue of this newsletter? Write us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Subscribe to this newsletter
🙏 If you enjoyed it, send it to one person that you think might like it as well! 🙏
Photo: Brooke Cagle